Dear Mr. VP,
I had a nightmare last night about Donald Trump. Yes, for real. He was chasing me, and then he turned into a demon and was sort of ghost-like and screaming. I woke up in a cold sweat at 12:15 AM and couldn’t get back to sleep.
Then today I remembered this nightmare is real life, and Senate Republicans are quietly preparing to get rid of the ACA while we’re all distracted by Jeff Sessions’ crappy memory.
Let’s say you wanted to save the ACA. Which you don’t, because you’re a heartless muckabout. But let’s say you did.
What could you do?
Call literally everybody. Republicans say people aren’t calling to support the ACA? Call more. And that link has a handy contact list.
Need a reminder why? What’s so awesome about the ACA?
- The ACA keeps insurers from denying access to insurance because of pre-existing conditions.
- The ACA gives women access to no-cost birth control.
- The ACA allows parents to keep their children on their health care until age 26.
- The ACA ends lifetime limits on insurance payouts, meaning people with expensive medical treatments can continue to be covered.
- The ACA is a lifeline for many Americans.
And hey, if you want to call yourself:
The White House Comments Line: 202-456-1111